We are pleased and honored to have your amazing home included in the portfolio of properties we represent for motion and still photo shoots. At Mint, we strive to make it stress free for you to enjoy the revenue from shoots without the hassle! My company, Mint Locations, is a nationally recognized leader in location service nationwide. Our clients range from Apple to Zillow with many, many great brands in between.
Download Our Homeowner/Agent Agreement:
How does Mint work? Below is an overview of our service:
- Marketing your property on our website, via our bi-monthly newsletter and instagram outreach to over 5000 media professionals.
- We receive and vet inquiries for shoots from producers and agencies nationwide and internationally.
- We coordinate site visits that work for your schedule.
- We negotiate day rates and fees based on the scope of the production and the impact on property.
- We offer on-location management during the shoot (upon request).
- We manage client service by establishing clear terms of accountability and monitoring adherence.
- We secure insurance for each shoot and vendor.
- We pay you directly within 10 days from the first day of the shoot via e-check (print and deposit at your bank)
- We do not charge any fees to the homeowner to list your home.
- We do not require an exclusive to list your home.
- Mint Locations consults with proven platforms that are lead generators that target our marketplace. We partner with these websites to heighten brand awareness and increase bookings. Please let us know if you do not want this exposure.
Expectations and Requests
- The homeowner is the boss! We want you to be happy above all else. Please let us know of your concerns, your restrictions, your questions and your feedback.
- A standard shoot day is 10 hours (typically from 8am to 6pm), however, some clients require 12 hours. Typically this information will be provided upon our initial inquiry.
- Budget depends on size and scope of the shoot (crew size, stills vs video, impact, interiors vs exteriors, etc).
- Homeowers can host 14 shoot days per year, tax free. Please refer to this clause for details: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p527
- We love animals but they can be challenging for a crew during a shoot. If you have a pet(s), please have a plan in place for the duration of the shoot.
- We request that the interior of your home be ‘camera ready’ the day of the shoot. It is not necessary to have the house spic and span, but please have the dishes done and laundry put away.
- We request that the exterior of your home be ‘camera ready’ the day of the shoot. If possible it is ideal to have your landscape crew tidy up the property a day or two before the shoot and kindly have sprinklers off!
- The crew will require use of one restroom for a toilet and sink, please let us know which restroom you feel is appropriate. Typically, the powder room off the mudroom or garage is ideal. If you have a pool house or guesthouse, this is an excellent option.
- The crew requires a place to stage equipment, props and catering. We will work with you to define this space for each shoot as the criteria changes. In general, a garage, guesthouse or pool house is ideal.
- If you have specific ‘house rules’ please let us know and we will share this document to the producer so that they then circulate it amongst the crew.
- We request that you make arrangements to clear out the driveway and garage (if possible) of personal cars so that the crew can park their production vehicles and have an area for staging.
- Theft has never been an issue on a shoot. That said, it is best practice to tuck away any heirlooms or items that cannot be replaced.
- Photos sell a location. We request that you have your home professionally photographed, interior and exterior. We can arrange to have your home professionally photographed for a fee that ranges from $350 to $750. You will recoup this investment on your first shoot.
- If you complete a decorating project or remodel, please update us so we do not misrepresent your home.
- If you sell your home, please let us know or If you decide that shoots are not for you any longer, please let us know!
- Mint will mitigate any damage that occurs during the shoot, ensuring that responsibility is assigned for damage or loss and reimbursement for repairs or loss is made in full in a timely manner.
- A Mint representative will not be present during client scouts. If you require a representative, please let us know so we can prepare and provide this service.
- Mint can provide a site rep for the duration of a shoot if you prefer. This service is available at no charge to you but must be requested early in the inquiry process.
Download Our Terms & Conditions:
How does Mint work?
We vet all inquires, coordinate site visits, negotiate day rates and liaison between you and the homeowner. Mint also signs contracts, locations releases, etc.
Free File Pulls
At Mint, we are confident that you will find the perfect property for your next production. We invite you to search our location files by region, style and/or tags. Our database is current and viewable online on your time and on our dime. Need ideas? We are happy to do a pull for you.
Pay Only When You Play
When you are ready to book a location, a contract & invoice are generated. A booking fee of $650 is added to the negotiated day rate per location and any additional charges (can include site representatives and cleaning charges). Payment is due prior to occupancy.
We do not publish rates for one reason - each shoot is unique. Rates are negotiated based on the scope of the shoot, size of crew, duration, and other variables. Rates begin at $3,500 per day for a ten-hour day and move upwards to $10,000 per day. Our standard rate is $4,500 per location for a 12 +/- person crew, ten-hour day, photo shoot and $5,500 for a 20 +/- person crew, ten-hour day video shoot. One 90-minute technical scout is included in the negotiated rate, additional pre-production site visits are subject to up charge. Additional charges can include site representatives and cleaning charges. Payment in full is due prior to occupancy.
We Want to Make it EASY for You
Once you have edited your selection of options with one click you can create PDF documents, email images, and interface with your client and crew. We are very service centric so let us know what you need to impress your client. We love making our producers look good – makes us feel good.
Need to See the Locations Live?
When you are ready to scout locations, we require a retainer of $500 (1-3 location) or $750 (3 or more locations) to clear your locations and set up your itinerary. This retainer will be credited toward your booking at $500 for 1 location booking and $750 for 2 locations bookings or more.
When a Mint representative is requested to accompany your scout a ½ day fee of $500 is required (1-3 locations), for a full day $750 is required (3 or more locations). We are available to shoot additional images to match storyboards or specific criteria at a fee of $500 for 1-3 locations and $750 for 3 or more locations.
If you are out of town and require a field scout, we are happy to connect you with local field scouts familiar with the area you are interested in shooting in.
Can’t Find It?
We aspire to keep our location library current, however, if you do not see the perfect place, please contact Mint; we may have a few in our queue or up our sleeve.
Still Can’t Find It?
We are happy to do field scouting at a rate of $750 for a full day (ten-hours) and $500 for a ½ day (five-hours) plus expenses of mileage, meals and lodging (if required). Should you book a location sourced on a field scout, the first time booking fee of $500 will be waived.
Insurance requirement upon booking
Renter agrees to provide Mint Locations with a $1,000,000.00 liability insurance policy naming Mint Locations as an additional insured in addition to the property owner.
Need More Help?
We can assist with permits, location managers, parking information, travel arrangements and local crew. At Mint we appreciate your business and know you are busy. Please let us lend our expertise in any way we can. Contact Mint with any questions about how we work and how we can be of service!